[Morris] Follow up - : $50,000 Minor Traveller

rfeibusch1 at earthlink.net rfeibusch1 at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 19 08:47:24 MDT 2009

Auctions are funny.  I[ve seen people pay $40K for Messerschmitts, and $100K for Amphicars.  American woodies go for $60 - 80K.  The last big price that I saw for a Traveller was a nice, but not great, one that was for sale at Chequered Flag, a top end sports and classic shop here in Marina del Rey, CA that was for sale for $30K and sold for $22K + tax and license.  It was also black and a fresh restoration.  Took a while to sell......

The weird thing about auctions is that both the buyer and seller pay 10% so the guy who bought it actually paid $63,525 to the auction house for the car!  The auction house made almost $12K on the deal!!!!

Auctions are funny  .......  Ha,  ha,  ha.......

And I couldn't get ten grand for my 43K mile Minor convertible that I had owned for 35 years............

Best,

Rick