[Morris] [midgetsprite] MY OTHER CAR

rfeibusch1 at earthlink.net rfeibusch1 at earthlink.net
Wed May 5 16:42:07 MDT 2010

The tyre that came on MMs and series IIs was a 500/520X14 that roughly translates to a 145X14 but they look like rubber bands to me. Minor 1000s came with 520/560X14 that is more like 155X14s which I used to run on my few minors with stock wheels. I have run up to 175X14s on the rear of a few of my many Minors (owned over 50) on stock wheels with no problems (they would rub on corners on the front). I've been screwing around with these cars since 1970 and the only limitations I see are visual. 165s work OK but, to me, look too big but I have run them for many miles when that was all you could get (they fit MGBs) I usually solved the problem by fitting 13X5.5 Chevy Vega wheels with 185/70X13s that worked and looked great.

But, what the hell do I know - I traded my Minor for a Plymouth???

Rick Feibusch
Venice, CA