[Nobbc] will take some s.u. help myself-mountainclimbing

gtwincams gtwincams at pacbell.net
Wed Aug 27 16:26:48 MDT 2008

Hi Steve,
I think your idea sounds like a logical possibility. It's never happened
to me and no one has mentioned that problem to me before, but the tilt
effect does lead one to consider the flooded carb idea...
Does your car smoke (oil)? Another possibility (though not my preferred
one) could be that oil backs up at the back of the head going uphill,
and is being pulled down valve guides, fouling the plugs. Just a
thought, since these Triumphs (and Lotuses by the way) don't have valve
guide seals. In fact, many Lotus twin cam engines suffer from this
effect to varying degrees.
Anyhow, a check of your float levels would be a good idea, I'd think.
Also, make sure you don't have any leaks.
Cheers,
Greg