[Nobbc] Reminder: Ride Saturday

Tom Reier bluesson at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 9 12:17:16 MDT 2008

  This Saturday ten a.m. to four p.m. the Penngrove Power and Implement Museum
is having an open house. Yeah, there's admission I think...maybe three to five
bucks?? Not sure, but not much. They acquired one of the Pratt and Whitney
R4360 engines off the Spruce Goose (Howard Hughes' huge seaplane transport).
This is a twenty eight (28!) cylinder radial engine, and they will be firing
it up, along with most every other engine on display. BTW, this is a real
family deal. They even have a steam train that runs the perimeter of the
property for the kids to ride on. Adress is 200 PHillips Drive, Penngrove. If
you're on Petaluma Hill Road heading south through Penngrove, you go left at
the old redwood highway (by the fire station) and proceed UP the hill across
the road. See you all there. (Yes, that's where I'm going. You guys are
missing a real treat if you pass this up).
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 20:44:32 -0700> From: nobbc at sonic.net> Subject: [Nobbc]
Reminder: Ride Saturday> > BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica,
sans-serif;font-size:12px; }> This coming Saturday is the second of the month
and our scheduled> ride day. We'll meet at 10AM in the commuter lot just west
of 101 on> River Rd. No one has suggested a destination (yet) so the group>
present will decide. It's been a long time since we've headed to the> coast,
might be a good destination if the weather continues to be> warm. If anyone
has any suggestions, pipe up!> > Ron> > 58 MGA>