[Nobbc] Reminder: Ride Saturday

Tom Reier bluesson at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 9 12:47:59 MDT 2008

 They had a fundraiser a while back, but over the last ten years they've held
the open house just once every TWO years.> Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 11:41:08
-0700> From: gtwincams at pacbell.net> To: nobbc at autox.team.net> Subject: Re:
[Nobbc] Reminder: Ride Saturday> > Hi Tom and group,> That sounds like fun.
How often do they have open house events?> Trish and I won't make the drives
this month - working 6-7 days a week > through the end of July. Can't complain
- pays for parts!> Cheers,> Greg> > > Tom Reier wrote:> > This Saturday ten
a.m. to four p.m. the Penngrove Power and Implement Museum> > is having an
open house. Yeah, there's admission I think...maybe three to five> > bucks??
Not sure, but not much. They acquired one of the Pratt and Whitney> > R4360
engines off the Spruce Goose (Howard Hughes' huge seaplane transport).> > This
is a twenty eight (28!) cylinder radial engine, and they will be firing> > it
up, along with most every other engine on display. BTW, this is a real> >
family deal. They even have a steam train that runs the perimeter of the> >
property for the kids to ride on. Adress is 200 PHillips Drive, Penngrove. If>
> you're on Petaluma Hill Road heading south through Penngrove, you go left
at> > the old redwood highway (by the fire station) and proceed UP the hill
across> > the road. See you all there. (Yes, that's where I'm going. You guys
are> > missing a real treat if you pass this up).>