[Nobbc] Xk 120 over heating

Dawson Church dawson at authorspublishing.com
Sat Jul 26 22:46:42 MDT 2008

Are you sure your radiator overflow bottle is ABOVE the level of the
radiator. I had a mechanic "helpfully" install one in my Lotus, it was
BELOW, and drained water from the radiator when hot!

I solved the overheating problem in my 2 Lotuses by installing
electric fans that come on a low temperature. Torqueflow brand,
installs in about an hour, sold at Autozone, turned on by a sensor
that goes through the radiator fins. You MUST get a sensor that
triggers at low temperature, the regular ones trigger too high, the
engine is already cooking before they signal the fans to turn on.

Dawson