[Nobbc] Xk 120 over heating

Paige, Dean DPaige at ci.santa-rosa.ca.us
Tue Jul 29 15:00:32 MDT 2008

Be smart with your money. Send the carbs to one of the Carb specialty
shops available on the Monster list like Apple Hydraulics. Same goes for
lever shocks, brake and clutch master cylinders. That's what I did. Left
the heavy lifting for BEM putting a good block and head together and
doing the details of installing the rebuild into the car. My cost from
BEM 5K for all of his work... Maybe $500 for all the detaily stuff,
powder coating intake manifold, ceramic coating for exhaust manifold in
a local shops. Bought electric fans, oil cooler and lots of other stuff
from valve cover etc. Those on the list that participate in the rides
have seen the quality of work produced. I am well pleased with it's
performance, looks and quality of work. No financial interest except for
paying for the work done.

I used to do everything myself. Way to busy living life right now to do
that anymore. I now leave the REALLY big stuff to the experts. Brakes,
suspension, shocks, clutches I still go hands on. Easy money on our
LBCs.