[Nobbc] TODAYS CAR SHOW

John Kenner fawn220 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 24 19:30:38 MDT 2009

PETER,

IS THERE A LIST OF THE WINNERS?

JOHN KENNER

-----Original Message-----
From: nobbc-bounces at autox.team.net [mailto:nobbc-bounces at autox.team.net] On
Behalf Of Peter Ziedrich
Sent: Monday, August 24, 2009 4:35 PM
To: 'North Bay British Car Club'
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] TODAYS CAR SHOW

We had a fantastic time at the car show! Thank you all that attended and
made it such a success! I posted my photos at:
http://www.redwoodempiremini.com/mbbs2/photos/photo-thumbnails.asp?albumid=2
96, unfortunately I lost about 15-20 photos due to the setting dial rotating
on the back of my camera, but I am sure someone will post additional
pictures of the cars that were left out in my album. We had an official
count of 110 registered cars, plus the parking area was full of British &
European cars that came just to view the cars and a few others tha parked in
the show that were not registered... so I am sure there were closer to 125
there most of the day.

I am unaware of anyone that was disappointed or upset that registered for
the show. There may have been a few grumblings that I am not aware of
regarding the number of MINIs in attendance, but it was Redwood Empire MINI
Enthusiasts that put on the show so registrants should have predicted that.
The winners were almost entirely non Mini-MINI cars, and some beautiful
vehicles were acknowledged. I for one voted for the Nash Healey and Brad's
3000. The Nash was beautifully restored and was a stunning car. There was an
Alfa Romeo parked behind the show that was a gorgeous car (but did not
enter).

There were gifts/door prizes awarded throughout the day (by drawing) and the
awards program started around 3:30pm. I think the single most enjoyable
moment was when the gentleman that had the pre-1960's VW convertible won an
award. I never saw such a smile on anyone's face!

Peter Ziedrich