[Nobbc] Suggestions, please

Norman S. Weinfeld norman.weinfeld at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 19:31:55 MDT 2009

Hi Greg. Sorry to hear about Nysonger. They did a good and speedy job on all
my gauges. It wasn't a refacing or anything, but just a general cleaning and
rebuilding. Not cheap though. You're presumably referring to Palo Alto
Speedo on the Peninsula? (And by the way, are we worried about lawsuits or
something in re naming names? I sure hope not...) I was thinking of taking
my quartz conversion Imperial clock to them. But speaking of clocks, one
Mike Eck (http://www.jaguarclock.com/) did my Jaguar clock to somehow retain
the original, admittedly less-than-stellar time-keeping capabilities, but
also THAT WONDERFUL TICKING! I would recommend his process (which
incorporates an integrated circuit but retains all the original guts as
well) which he does I believe on any Smiths clock and perhaps others as
well. I would be interested in where you end up and how you fare.
Norm Weinfeld
San Francisco
'55 XK140 DHC