[Nobbc] Suggestions, please

Tom Reier bluesson at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 26 11:04:13 MDT 2009

 I believe if you investigate, you'll find those original gears were made from
a composite material using manure from fine English shetland ponies combined
with a traditional British adhesive. You might want to contact the British
Adhesives and Sealants Association for more information.
  OK, I'm being a wise guy...but the association DOES exist!
   BTW, my old 62 Mini Cooper had a funny smell to it's interior that would
never go away. It took some getting used to.  I was told that it was the
adhesive (think horses and glue factory) that was used on the upholstery.
                                     Tom

> Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 16:36:34 -0700
> From: nobbc at sonic.net
> To: nobbc at autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [Nobbc] Suggestions, please
>
> Plastic? The gears I have look like they're made out of some kind of
> fiber composite. I thought of cutting two in half and glueing them
> together or using them as a mold but so far, I haven't gotten inspired.
> Somebody must sell them as I imagine many people are in the same boat
> I'm in. I've noticed that the gears strip when the speedo changes to an
> even thousand and have a few that are stopped at 49999 or thereabouts,
> maximum thrust needed on the gear at that point I imagine.
>
> Ron
> 58 MGA
>
> andy preston wrote:
>
> > Ron, I tried to repair the odometer on my A before sending it to
Nisonger.
> > The little plastic gears were broken and I had no way of fixing them.  I
> > must say that it works great now but $170 is not chump change.
> >
> > Andy

On

<gtwincams at gmail.com>