[Nobbc] gauges

Greg Tatarian gtwincams at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 15:58:01 MDT 2009

Thanks to John for reminding me of APT Instruments - I'd forgotten that
they not only sell but repair gauges.

Wendell - they also carry magnolia-faced gauges, which are probably
close or identical to cream color, if you have Smiths gauges.
I just got off the phone with Chuck, and he said they've been selling
gauges all over the world because of the crappy dollar exchange rate, so
their stock is low. England is on holiday much of August, so
replenishments are a ways off, but they can make and repair gauges, and
can swap dials and bezels as needed.

As John mentioned, it can be cheaper for new gauges (these Smiths are
made under license by Smiths technicians) than some repairs; a dual oil
temp guage costs $17 less than a repaired Bourdon tube on a customer's
gauge, and has a 2 year warranty instead of a 1-year.

Cheers,
Greg