[Nobbc] "An Education"- film at Rialto

Robin Jackson apexbrit2 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 20:21:54 MST 2009

Just returned home after viewing this film. At first I thought the Bristol
was a Jowett of a type I had never known. When I heard it referred to as a
Bristol, I thought "oh yes, a Bristol". I remember the design of the
Arnaualt Bristols I raced with my Morgan in the late 1950's. One of the
characters refered to it as a sports car. Hardly. It was more like an
ugly/beautiful ruby in the Queens's crown. The TR-3 was the only sports car
I saw; but the wonderful array of Minis  there lives a woodie like the one
used in the film) that lives in Calistoga. Such an array of wonderful old
lumpy Rovers!  And, by the way, from a former theater arts teacher, this was
such a fine film...