[Nobbc] Nobbc 2010

Gregory Tatarian gtwincams at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 17:16:02 MST 2009

Hi Ron,

I want to thank you for all of your efforts to organize our little band of
drivers. You have been so instrumental in keeping us on the road together;
Trish and I appreciate that Ron!

In the 4-1/2 years we have been members we've seen a dedicated core of
participants as well as quite a few members who make a few drives a year,
some who have yet to join us, but hopefully will in the future. We've also
seen more members stepping up to host drives and events (as we have enjoyed
doing), and we've seen some members migrate to the WCCC for their more
organized and socially-oriented drives with a more eclectic group of cars.

As members of several car clubs, we've seen quite a variety of club
organizational and operational styles, and the NOBBC is definitely unique in
the no dues, no meetings, no organization - just drives. There's certainly
room for all types in my opinion, and I hope that more people who have
signed up as members will also participate in our drives. I also would love
to see us venture further into occasional organized events and social
activities.

Having led two NOBBC drives and one Golden Gate Lotus Club drive (with John
Kenner hosting the social event afterward), I have learned some lessons
about leading better, more cohesive drives with groups of 15-30 cars (not
easy, that), making a few mistakes along the way. We have a number of
members who like to drive quickly, and others who prefer a less frantic
pace, and I think there are nice ways to accommodate both, even on the same
drive.

It's hard to match the dedication and energy you have given to the NOBBC,
Ron, but I will continue to try to ease your burden as often as possible in
2010. I still owe the club a wine tour to Saintsbury, something I started to
plan last year but could not follow through with due to business
constraints. As for Sunday, we may not be able to join you due to pressing
family (parent) health issues, but will try.

It's been great getting together with you all these past years, and I look
forward to more of it! Have a safe and Happy New Year celebration, y'all!

Cheers,
Greg Tatarian
1971 Lotus Elan S4 DHC
1974 Triumph TR6