[Nobbc] Fab First Annual NOBBC St. Valentine's Day Ride!

JULIA KENNER FAWN220 at COMCAST.NET
Mon Feb 9 18:47:58 MST 2009

DAWSON,

YOUR RIDE PLAN SOUNDS FANTASTIC!

I WOULD LIKE TO BOOK 2 SEATS IN YOUR ROLLS FOR 2 GREAT LOOKING WOMEN,
MY WIFE AND DAUGHTER.

THE LOTUS ONLY SEATS 2 AND I'M BRINGING 4.

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR NEW PLACE,

JOHN KENNER
LOTUS, LOTUS, TRIUMPH AND TRIUMPH

-----Original Message-----
From: nobbc-bounces at autox.team.net [mailto:nobbc-bounces at autox.team.net] On
Behalf Of Dawson Church
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2009 12:16 PM
To: North Bay British Car Club
Cc: Lionel Church; Laurinda Hampton; Bill McMillan; Deb Tribbey; Rose
Kennedy
Subject: [Nobbc] Fab First Annual NOBBC St. Valentine's Day Ride!

Hi NOBBC Friends,

We will have a spectacular North Bay British Car Club ride this coming
weekend. The ride falls on Saturday Feb 14th, and so we're having a
St. Valentine's Day ride. I've just moved to a big new property on
Mark West Springs Rd (directions below), with parking for 30 cars, so
I'd like to make this a big ride and lots of fun in every way!

Because it's St. Valentine's Day, please bring friends, significant
others, and/or family members! And to tempt them, we'll be having two
fabulous stops. One is for strawberries, chocolate and wine at Kunde
winery:

http://www.kunde.com/visit_us/index.asp

After Kunde, we'll go to the square in Sonoma, and buy lunch at the
gourmet Sonoma Cheese Factory deli:

http://www.sonomacheesefactory.com/visit_sonoma.html

We'll meet at my house at 10:30 am for coffee and pastries. Also to
take a gander my work-in-endless-progress 1974 Lotus Elite. That
model's the concoction that resulted from some perverted engineer at
Lotus deciding to mate the torso of a Ferrari Dino 308 with the arse
of an AMC Gremlin. We'll depart at 11 am, and take the scenic route up
Mark West, to Porter Creek, then south on Calistoga Rd to Route 12 to
Kunde.

The weather forecast says a 30% chance of showers, with temperatures
in the 50s. So we'll make sure there's plenty of enclosed transport
for newcomers who might not appreciate the bracing experience of a top-
down Triumph, Morgan or MG on a crisp winter's morning. We'll have my
minivan and Rolls Royce for those who favor plush seats and climate
control.

Also, I'd like to get a great photo of all the cars, so I'm going to
request that everyone park in a semi circle. My driveway ends in a big
circle where about 20 cars can park facing each other. Please park
that way when you arrive. I'll hand out route maps.

Please print the attached certificate and bring it along so that we
can have a private sit down tasting of ports and library wines in
their Kinneybrook room:

http://www.kunde.com/Kunde_Certificate.pdf

So please forward this invitation to those with whom you'd like to
share the NOBBC experience. Let's have a big turnout, get a great
group photo, and share our fabulous club and cars with many other
people!

Cheers,

Dawson

Directions:

1490 Mark West Springs Rd. 707 525 9292. 2.5 miles East of 101 on the
right. Redwood fence, house not visible from the road. White mailbox
with house number on the West side of the driveway, and a street sign
"Michelle Way" on the East side of the driveway.