[Nobbc] Tires

wendell bain wbain at sonic.net
Wed Feb 25 15:28:28 MST 2009

First of all, what is a 64 Alger??? Je ne comprends pas!!!

As to your tire question, I have heard Kuhmos are very good.
I am running Nankang tires on my Morgan and find them to be very
satisfactory.
These are available through Big O Tires. Size: 165 R 15. They also have
a period looking tread pattern.
I was running Michelin XZX tires in the same size, but they became price
and then availability prohibitive. I am told that this was the size
tire that was
standard on the air cooled VW bug. With fewer and fewer of those on the
road Michelin decided to cut back production. Now I understand they are
more readily available. Although Coker Tire still has them @$153. per
tire.

Hope this helps,

Wendell Bain