[Nobbc] Cqr club drives

gtwincams at gmail.com gtwincams at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 19:19:38 MST 2009

Thanks for handling this Ron. As I was performing a 110k mile service on Trish's Tacoma I saw a rear axle seal failed and the bearing not far behind. Now have to replace the rear shoes just replaced 5k ago, and get new bearings and ABS retainers pressed on to the axles, yaddah yaddah.
What struck me was the cost - 400 bucks for parts alone, plus machine shop charges.  I was starting to feel like Lotus and Triumph bearings were expensive! It is sometimes remarkable how reasonable costs can be for other than esoteric classic cars. Or Jags... ;-)
Has anyone bought a new classic in these past months of softening prices?
See you all on Saturday, and really looking forward to seeing Gilles' 120. I drove a modified 120 many years ago - quite a handful.
Cheers,
Greg