[Nobbc] Front Plate petition

wendell bain wbain at sonic.net
Thu Jan 29 11:22:14 MST 2009

I bought my vintage plates (yellow with black letters 1956) from a
dealer and he
had all the info DMV will need including copies of the pgs from the
DMV manual
covering the subject. The only item DMV had to mail was the small
metal tag
that you bolt above the license plates with the current (2009)
sticker. Then they
were $200. for a restored set. This was about ten years ago. So $300.
sounds
a little steep but probably about right. Also the plates were all the
same except
for the letter/number combination. So my car is a 59 and has the DMV
sticker
for that year but to the right of that is painted 1956 the first year
these plates were used.
They all have that up until the black w/yellow numbers came out. If
you look
at those plates they all have 63 in the upper right indent where the
sticker goes.
I will see if I can find the dealer info.

Wendell
1959 Morgan