[Nobbc] MGs for sale

Ron Engelhardt nobbc at sonic.net
Wed Jul 8 09:33:47 MDT 2009

I received the following from a member who is not on the list server. He
has a couple of MGs for sale and would like to give us first crack at
them as he wants them to go to someone who will appreciate them. Contact
Randy directly at the number or email below.

Ron
58 MGA

I have a 1959 MGA coupe that I was going to restore so it could sit
proudly next to my restored '59 roadster.  However, I have decided to
pass this one on to someone who is ready to restore a coupe now.  I am
unable to pursue the restoration due to declining health and hope to
find a new home and new life for this wonderful car.  In addition to the
coupe I have a '75 mgb that I acquired with the intention of upgrading
the drive train in the coupe with the 18V engine, 4 speed all syncro
transmission, electric overdrive and a 3.9 rear end.

The coupe - I have disassembled the car and removed the body from the
frame.  The sheet metal parts have been media blasted and epoxy primed.
  The frame is untouched and still a rolling chassis.  Since disassemble
I have notice that there is a small dent in the driver's side dogleg,
invisible before removing the body.  During media blasting it became
apparent that the sills were in need of replacement.  I have purchased
the sills and they will go with the car.  There is some small rust spots
on the body but nothing catastrophic.  All the glass is intact and I
have sandblasted and primed most of the loose parts on the car.  The
engine is an 1800 from a '63 mgb +/- in unknown condition.  I have also
purchased a new pan for in front of the radiator as the existing one is
damaged, no doubt when the frame was damaged.  I believe that this is a
complete car and it has been stored out of the elements in a storage
shelter.

The Mgb - The body on the b is excellent and comes with a serviceable
top that kept the interior dry through several rains (until I bought a
shelter to house it in).  It has been stored in the shelter and
protected from the weather for several years.  The brakes need redoing,
there is some rust in the floor pan, the interior is mostly nonexistent
except for the seats which seem to be usable and the dash and console.
Keep in mind, I never really drove the B as it was to be a parts car.
At the time I bought it it had new tires and a new battery that will go
with the car.  I've had second thoughts about using the car as a parts
car because the body is so good and I think that with a little effort
the B could become a nice car if it didn't get used for a parts car.

Anyone interested in hearing more about the cars or seeing them please
call at the following phone numbers:

Randy Myers
Santa Rosa, CA
wk 707-546-0104