[Nobbc] Early '74 MGB for sale...

Craig Wiper craigw at sonic.net
Fri May 15 04:58:09 MDT 2009

Hello all.

I sent out a feeler over the weekend to the NOBBC group, to see if
anyone might be interested in my early '74 MGB. Got a couple of
I'm open to offers, etc.

Here is a set of links to pix of the vehicle, with a little more of a
description below. I'm trying to make some room in the garage, and have
not been driving the B as much as I used to; and am also tired of
working on cars, so am interested in getting rid of the B and all
associated parts I have for it. I'd really like it to go to a good home.
I thought this would be the best place to start, before going to Craig's
List and the classifieds.

http://www.sonic.net/craigw/images/MGB001.jpg
http://www.sonic.net/craigw/images/MGB002.jpg
http://www.sonic.net/craigw/images/MGB003.jpg
http://www.sonic.net/craigw/images/MGB004.jpg
http://www.sonic.net/craigw/images/MGB005.jpg
http://www.sonic.net/craigw/images/MGB006.jpg
http://www.sonic.net/craigw/images/MGB007.jpg
http://www.sonic.net/craigw/images/MGB009.jpg
http://www.sonic.net/craigw/images/MGB010.jpg
http://www.sonic.net/craigw/images/MGB012.jpg
http://www.sonic.net/craigw/images/MGB013.jpg
http://www.sonic.net/craigw/images/MGB014.jpg

Had the sunshade on when the flash was going off, that's what the shadow
is in some of the pix.
Maybe they'll give you an idea of the car's shape. I never did paint the
car, other than the door tops, when I had the side door cracks fixed a
few years ago. When I got the car around 1988, I bought a parts car, and
combined the best of both cars into this driver. The body had sat out
for a few years in a mechanics yard over on Hoen Ave., and was in good
metal shape, but the paint job had faded and pitted a bit in spots. I
have a fairly new Peco exhaust system on it, and the suspension has all
poly bushings, as well as slightly lowered front springs and a pair of
GT rear leaf springs. The ride is very tight.

The stow-away top (or hardtop) has to be used as the roll bar is an old
style, which doesn't permit the top to be folded down. My first MGB, a
'66 had this same set up and I always liked it. The Michelin radial
tires are fairly new too, with not much wear, as I haven't driven her
much in the last couple of years. Before that, I used it for years as my
daily driver, back and forth to work on the freeway between Santa Rosa
and Healdsburg. It's got a high compression engine I bought from Glenn
Towery in Delaware. It's also got an electric overdrive transmission.

That's a little history, and detail.

This is my 2nd post, as I wanted to include the pix, just in case.
Thanks, and best regards,
Craig Wiper
Santa Rosa, CA
707-525-1510