[Nobbc] Marin Sonoma Concours

Steve Plath splath at comcast.net
Thu May 21 23:18:34 MDT 2009

For those of you who missed it, the Marin Sonoma Concours was a great event.
Lots of incredible cars and our LBCs made a good showing.  I took 2nd place
in my class (H3 Imported cars 61-87 under $5000 orig cost) with my Daimler
and a Sunbeam Tiger took 3rd.  In the H1 class (Imported cars 45-60 under
$5,000) an MG Arnolt took first and a 56 Morgan took 2nd.  An E-type took
the award for best engineering and design for it's time period.  I'm still
waiting for a list of all the award winners, so I don't know about other
British winners.

Tom Price (for those of you that remember we visited his car barn in Marin a
couple of years ago) had a Aston Martin DB2 drophead and a McLaren F-1 there
along with his Ferrari 250 GTO and Alfa Romeo 8C.  Lot's of American iron
too from Cords, Auburns, Packards and Duesenbergs to stock muscle cars.

Other than being too hot it was a great afternoon.

Steve Plath