[Nobbc] TR4 help needed

don don at napanet.net
Sat May 30 17:45:33 MDT 2009

Gang,

I've been looking for a TR4 for way too long.  Well, I've located one that
appeals to me but it's back in VA.  Price, given its condition, seems quite
fair.  On the positive side, my daughter lives two hours from the car, so I
could combine a trip back there.
.
The car is gorgeous, light blue, wire wheels, surrey top, overdirve,
restored 8 years ago.  Won high marks at several shows.

However, it was brought back from the dead so to speak, and new sills,
floors and other peices had to be welded in.  This work was done
professionally, while the owner did all the assembly and other stuff.  The
owner sent me a binder of photos of the restoration.  Not being that smart
on body work and TR4s, I find the photos interesting but I can't really
analyze them very well.

Is there someone that is smarter on this stuff than me in the Santa Rosa
area that could look at the photos and maybe give me an idea if the work
looks kosher?

Thanks!
Don Scott
Calistoga