[Nobbc] Need to get a 79 Spitfire 1500 smogged

Robin Jackson apexbrit2 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 18:16:37 MST 2009

Morgan - I have checked my Roadster Factory catalogue for the 1500 Spit. It
shows that you will need the following to pass smog in CA: Single Carb set
up for California cars (not sure if Federal set up is OK); air pump;
diverter valve; non-return valve; air rail; egr valve; a bunch of
tubes/hoses; evaporative loss control canister and plumbing.  That's a lot
of parts if you don't have them. I used to deal with "Spit Bits" when I had
my shop. I'm sure he has the used parts and would be a good resource.

If you want to borrow my book, give me a call 526-5535. Good luck, and I
don't mind giving pro bono advice and help when the time comes. I have a two
gas analyzer that will show if it is within the required range.

Rob