[Nobbc] "An Education"- film at Rialto

don don at napanet.net
Sat Nov 21 01:02:55 MST 2009

I sent this email to a couple of friends of mine, then realized that maybe
the British cars in the film would make it of interest to those in the
NOBBC.  The cars of early '60s Britain are certainly fun to see on the big
screen, but the film is great in its own right.  Getting a bonus you might
say; sorta like watching Shadow of a Doubt and being able to see the scenes
of Santa Rosa circa 1940, and being able to enjoy a great film story as a
bonus.

We just got back from seeing this movie in Santa Rosa at the Rialto.  It's
the best film I have seen in a long, long time.  Title of the movie is "An
Education."  It's set in Britain in the early '60s; is a coming-of-age
story of a young girl.  The lead role is played by a lovely young actress
who reminded me of Audrey Hepburn.  Her smile and her expressions are as
communicative as her speaking lines.  Amazing- I loved it!. The cars, sets,
and music score are all first-rate.  The camera work is great as
well.  Hard to fault this film.

A Bristol automobile is the featured car, and there are co-star cars like
TR3s, Morris Minors, and numerous other cars of the era.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/an_education/?critic=creamcrop

http://www.sonyclassics.com/aneducation/

Don Scott
707 942 0546