[Nobbc] Fw: Club Groups going to CSRG Charity Challenge at Infineon Raceway

Tim Thresh tsthresh at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 22 20:05:31 MDT 2010

Here is the latest I have received from the MGOC club about the CSRG event. It
seems someone from our group is already in touch with them (not me), and Sam
is asking to co-ordinate numbers if any other groups are meeting up with them
at Port Sonoma as detailed. I am hoping to be able to make it on the day but
will be late in to the corral, but in time for the track tour.

If no-one knows who is in touch with Sam, I suggest that we have a quick
"headcount" and I will let him know myself. That way the CSRG can prepare
sufficient corral space for all that show up.

Tim
1958 MGA

MEMBER ALERT

Hello MGOC Members. Ever wanted to get your car on a race track with you
behind the wheel? If so, youll have your chance on Saturday October 2 at
Infineon Raceway in Sonoma.

The Classic Sport Racing Group (CSRG) is holding its 6th Annual Charity
Challenge and has arranged for owners of pre-1980 sports cars to go on track
for parade laps on the course during the lunch break from racing and
practices. The cost is $20 per person payable at the gate. Registration,
executing waivers, etc. will be taken care of at the event that morning.

Speed is limited to 40 MPH following a pace car and no passing is allowed on
the track. Helmets, gloves, and other racing attire are not required. CSRG
recommends wearing long pants and long sleeved shirts. Attendees can also
purchase Charity Rides for hot laps in cars competing in the races that
weekend. The cost of these rides ranges from $50 to $75 depending on the ride
you select. You must have a helmet and proper attire to participate in the hot
laps where you will be a passenger.

A contingent of MGOC members have expressed great interest in participating in
the parade laps and we invite anyone else interested to join us. I have been
in contact with CSRG and the event is being widely promoted to numerous clubs.
While they expect enthusiastic response they admittedly have no idea how many
will attend. We would like to enter the track as a club group so that we can
park together in the paddock and CSRG recommends arriving earlier rather than
later.

So here's the plan:

We will meet at Port Sonoma on the east-bound side of Rt. 37, approximately
4.8 miles east of Rt. 101 at Novato. From there it is just a few miles to the
track and we should be able to mostly remain together until we get to the
gates. Directions from 101 to 37.

We will meet at the entrance to Port Sonoma by 8:30 am and will depart to the
track no later than 8:45 am. We will arrive at the track at approximately 9:00
am.

For those arriving from points east or up in Napa, it is your choice whether
you drive to meet up with the club or arrive at the track individually. Our
hope is that well arrive at the track together, park in the same area, and
hopefully get on the track mostly as a group. Perhaps well even get some good
photographs of each other.

Hopefully it will be a fun and exciting day for all and we look forward to
seeing you there!

Because CSRG has asked, please RSVP to Sam Gearhart at swg3 at comcast.net if you
plan to join us. I will give an approximate count to the organizers a couple
of days before the event.

Finally, if you cant join us on Saturday, the Charity Challenge is also
taking place Sunday. And while the club wont be there as a group, feel free
to head to the track yourself for some laps then.