[Nobbc] Land Rover

Mark Darley markdarley at mac.com
Thu Sep 30 00:25:28 MDT 2010

Gerry,

I spent most of my farming youth in Hampshire bouncing around in the
back of Landrovers, and then used them as a soils engineer/ geologist
to haul drilling rigs around into ridiculous places using the winches
(as in Gods must be Crazy).

The short wheelbase, with plenty of dents and the aluminium fully
exposed after years of been driven through hedges, was my vehicle of
choice for driving into London roundabouts and scattering the city folk.

Great memories but I would only ride in one for a maximum of ten
minutes now!

Cheers
Mark

Mark Darley