[Nobbc] Road trip north

Mark Darley markdarley at mac.com
Mon Jan 3 15:42:59 MST 2011

Calling all those with knowledge of Northern California back roads:

I am attending a conference in Redwood Valley, north of Ukiah on
Friday and, given the beautiful weather this week, thinking of
turning it into a road trip in the MGA.

This is my proposed route
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Mill+Valley,
+CA&daddr=38.23275,-122.6443+to:38.23082,-122.7333179+to:
38.90615,-123.69249+to:14000+Tomki+Rd,+Redwood+Valley,+CA
+95470&hl=en&geocode=FXVmQgIdsByy-CmTPFo8c5CFgDGG1fnP3aR_0g%
3BFa5iRwIdtJiw-Ckhurw3p7aFgDF0NR6ula05ww%3BFSRbRwId-zyv-
CmRGQdlcsqFgDGFg-kFQGzDdQ%3BFSapUQIdNpqg-CnP2DUM2xiBgDHflHwxg_qmhw%
3BFUtEWAIdbKGn-
CmNKvC2lIKBgDEVdRhBjnBvUg&gl=us&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=10&via=1,2,3&sl
l=38.237101,-122.89856&sspn=0.804678,1.29364&ie=UTF8&ll=38.766933,-122.9
7821&spn=1.556836,2.941589&z=9

However I would love to tap into your knowledge of Northern
California roads and places to stay. My sole criteria for a place to
stay is that I get a bathtub at the end of the day!

I am thinking of leaving on Wednesday, spending a night mid-coast,
perhaps between Sea Ranch and Point Arena, and then driving inland to
Redwood Valley/ Ukiah.
I have never driven north of Gualala except on Route 101, which I
plan to largely avoid as freeways are no fun in the MGA.  The route
between Point Arena and Ukiah is also new to me.

A full toolkit, spare fuel pump and fluids will be part of the luggage!

Cheers
Mark

Mark Darley
markdarley at mac.com
Mobile Phone 415 310 5252

On Jan 3, 2011, at 1:42 PM, Mike Gianandrea wrote:

> Hey Andy,
>
> Where is the Englander?
>
> Michael
> 64 TR4
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Preston"
> <andypreston at sbcglobal.net>

>>> bugs. Not going to make the drive on Sun. Enjoy wherever ye may

>>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/nobbc/tsthresh@hotmail.com
>>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/nobbc/fmorris@sidwater.org