[Nobbc] Overnight ideas

Greg Tatarian gtwincams at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 20:09:12 MST 2011

Hey, Little River Inn sounds really interesting, Ron! As does hooking up
with NCBCC. One consideration about Yosemite, besides distance, would be
that there is snow at this time, and if we wait until summer, the crowds
get really dense.  Is it even possible to get into the valley floor
during the summer with the air quality restrictions? Gotta say, you guys
with the MGs, Jags, Triumphs, have more comfortable long-range rigs than
a Lotus Elan, so I might be too chicken to commit to something a long
way away, unless we took the MINI!

Trish had a suggestion to consider; Quincy, which should be about a six
hour drive. Reasonable places to stay, beautiful destination. Go through
Lake County on 29, etc., to Hwy. 5 north 1 hour, cut across on 162 to
HWY 70, a beautiful two lane windy road to Qunicy in the Plumas National
Forest. I think it's a little closer than Redwood NP, but I'm not sure.

Cheers,
Greg