[Nobbc] Speed

Al Garber algarber at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 27 14:42:51 MST 2011

another two cents:

Going back to the 1950's as a teenager, going to NYC was always a trip to "The
City".
 That was the only description necessary for people to understand where you
were going.
We did live in San Francisco in the late 1960's and I never heard it referred
to as The City....at least as far as I can remember!
The Big Apple is a term used only for and by the same people that refer to San
Francisco as "Frisco"......tourists.

Al
59 TR3

"San Francisco is 49 square miles surrounded by reality" ........... Paul
Kantner