[Nobbc] car list

Greg Tatarian gtwincams at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 09:22:21 MST 2011

  Hi Clif,

I'll let John answer to tell you what he wants to call his MINI, but
here's the deal on these cars (I know as we have a 2011 Mini John Cooper
Works (JCW) Hardtop;

The car company is "MINI", which as owned by BMW differentiates its name
from the original "Mini", which, short version here, was made both by
Austin and Morris in the UK, and other companies overseas under license
during the day.

Sticking with the new MINI, they are known as either the Hardtop,
Clubman, Convertible, Countryman, all of which are available in the base
model,"S" performance model, or the John Cooper Works, which is further
modified for performance. Until recently, owners could only buy the JCW
performance packages and either install or have them installed on their
base or S model cars. Now, MINI sells a factory JCW, or the other models
can have the JCW stuff installed by the factory.

Most owners of pre-2007 MINIs will have either a base or S car with JCW
upgrades, whereas ours is a factory-built MINI JCW. The cars are made in
England using parts from all over the globe, but include about 35%
British-made parts, as I recall. Mini in spirit, but lots of BMW ethos now.

There - clear as old motor oil.

Cheers,
Greg and Trish Tatarian

1971 Lotus Elan S4 DHC