[Nobbc] More than you want to know about Minis

Peter Ziedrich zied at redwoodempiremini.com
Mon Jan 31 13:43:45 MST 2011

Where this logic might be sound, then I guess new Jaguars and Land Rovers
aren't British but Indian, and new Bentley Continentals are German (owned by
BMW and looks like BMWs), and Aston Martins are American... hmmm...
Okay. Does that make recent Jeeps German and later ones Italian?

I guess what I am saying is that no cars manufactured today have a clean
pedigree. Almost all Japanese cars sold in the Western hemisphere are
manufactured in the US, and most American automobiles are manufactured
and/or assembled in Mexico, Canada, or China. In fact one of the newer Buick
models is manufactured in Germany.  I guess most of us believe the cars
pedigree should be assigned to the country where the profits end up.... but
only sometimes.. only when it supports our personal biases.

peter