[Nobbc] Looking for Jaguar repair information

Greg Tatarian gtwincams at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 08:42:54 MST 2011

  I was only able to fit 185s on my MGBs after bending the rear fender
lip up, though they were earlier cars, and a '79 has more vertical
clearance.
In my youth, I also wanted as much tire width as possible, but there are
drawbacks, such as heavy steering at low speeds, "hunting" as the tire
tracks road irregularities, accelerated wear on older suspension
components, and slicing of tread or sidewalls on fender lips. Old wire
wheels weren't made for wide, grippy tires like we have today, so they
take a beating as well. Most tires of the same width the car came with
originally will be stickier than they were in the day.
Cheers,
Greg Tatarian