[NOBBC] car query, not British

Don don at napanet.net
Wed May 30 14:12:40 MDT 2012

Guys,

Thanks for advice, which I passed on to her.  No one knows of a car
for her, so far though.

I think many people believe that the system will work, and that
justice prevails, and the good guy (or gal) wins.  Having been
involved with a lawsuit myself, I now know that Perry Mason on TV was
fantasy stories that make us all feel good about how our system
handles good vs. bad, right vs. wrong and so on.

Here is the reply I got from her as to why she chooses to not pursue
the matter through legal channels:

The CHP report has gone to the D.A.'s office in Napa. I am waiting to see
if he will be charged for a felony hit and run since I was injured.

He is rich and has lawyers, the CHP have told me.  Secondly, I have contacted
the DMV and sent them a copy of the CHP report and a letter from his
insurance stating he had no coverage at time of accident.
This is a one year suspension of his license in the state of CA; I am
staying on
top of the DMV.

"Everyone" has a "good" lawyer.  I have used P.I. lawyers in the past
for a car accident, they all are on contingency at 33% plus expenses and the
"expenses" can be another 33% plus three years of depositions and litigation.
If I lose, since this man has rich lawyers, I have to pay all his
legal fees and
go bankrupt.  Plus, all injuries from previous lawsuits are admitted into
evidence if I have another lawsuit.

My focus is to get a car and move on.  Thank you for your help.  .