[NOBBC] Oily Rag

Don don at napanet.net
Tue Oct 8 23:59:38 MDT 2013

I recently discovered this website out of the UK
and thought it might be of interest to fellow British car enthusiasts.

http://www.oily-rag.net/

This is their philosophy:

What, one may ask, is Oily Rag? To us, Oily Rag
means the gentle art of leaving well alone.
Whatever it may be  a bike, a car, a house, a
painting, a piece of furniture or clothing  it
is only original once. To restore it, no matter
how skilfully or accurately, is in our view to
destroy the evidence of use that is a major part
of the appeal of an antique or vintage object, as
opposed to even a careful reproduction.