[Oletrucks] Speaker install

Kinderlehrer kinderlehrer at comcast.net
Thu Oct 18 16:20:14 MDT 2012

Above t he rear view mirror? wouldn't that put it in the roof?B  I went for
the ABS plastic kick pannels. Since I was missingB a kickpanel B anyway it
made more sense. They come with speakers already mounted, but there are
disadvantages -B I have the "deluxe" heater and theB right side panel was
designed for no heater so I had to do some modification. the panels also d
on't curve out at the bottom, so I am left with a floor gap that is now
covered with nothing but carpet. But they do look and sound good andB it' s
not a non-reversable modification.

I think all t he new radios advertised for the '56 truck come from the same
place.B If so, it has a jack on the back for an 1/8"B inputB and the give you
a cable with jacks on both ends. I wenet toB Radio Shack and go a compatible
through an d through, removed one of the plugs in the dash thatB filled an
empty hole meanst for something or other, probably a throtle. I drilled it
out,B threaded it, stripped and tappedB one end of the tfrough and through ans
reinsatlled withthe supplied cable plugged into the back. Now I have a
neatB neatB jack in the dash for connecting my iphone or B ipodB to play
through the radio.

BobB  B