[Shop-talk] To kill a refrigerator

nick brearley nick at landform.co.uk
Wed Aug 29 08:04:24 MDT 2007

At 13:27 29/08/2007, eric at megageek.com wrote:
>OK, here is the deal.  My neighbors are a really nice elderly couple.  The
>husband wants to replace their frig, however, the wife doesn't want to
>spend the money (damn depression survivors!)  8>)

Any mileage in looking into the economics of replacement before going
down the James Bond route? Today's fridges are sold on efficiency and
low running costs. I'd have thought a creative accountant could make
a pretty good case for replacement of an old machine with a 21st century model.
I know that's taking the sport out of it but accountants not
engineers rule the world today...

Nick Brearley