[Shop-talk] fishing water line

Phil Nase nases at verizon.net
Sun Dec 2 07:11:25 MST 2007

We're getting new flooring in our kitchen soon.  Before the new stuff is
down I want to provide a water line to my refrigerator from the other side
of the kitchen.

I can't do it from the basement because when I finished the basement I sheet
rocked the ceiling. (looks good but a mistake for access to the first
floor).   I plan to drill a hole behind the fridge and under the dishwasher
on the other side of the kitchen for either a copper or flexible line.
How do I fish it through?  It will run about 14 feet.

Any pros or cons to copper or to the reinforced flexible pipe?  Does the
plastic stuff flavor the water?  Should I worry about a leak over my
finished basement ruining my day.

Thanks.

Phil Nase
Quakertown, PA