[Shop-talk] Household appliances that breakdown on Christmas Day....

Jack Brooks jibjib at att.net
Thu Dec 27 15:54:27 MST 2007

 > I always like to support mom & pop stores when they're competitive

Lots of them are competitive.

As a (small time) landlord, I need a shop that will stock, deliver, install
and haul away the old quickly and without supervision.  There are out there
and they are competitive with the big box stores.  By competitive, I mean
within 10% on price.  They offer better service and often have in-house
service personnel.

Yeah, it may be a little different for me because I average about one major
piece a year, but when I went into my current supplier the first time, I
negotiated hard, but acted as if I was a one time buyer.  His final
delivered and installed pricing was within 5% of Home Depot and Lowes prices
and his own guy delivered and set it up the next day at a time I picked.  I
like that much better than the big box generic delivery service.

Jack