[Shop-talk] Cheap Eastwood Soda Blasting Setup

mark at noakes.com mark at noakes.com
Sat Dec 29 18:07:27 MST 2007

   B I got the same catalog and saw that too. Soda blasters are usually a
   lot  more  expensive  than  that, so I may consider it as well. I have
   never  used  soda  to  blast,  but  I do know that it is the preferred
   method for fiberglass bodies and has been used on Corvettes for years.
   I  have  an old Lotus, and they have extremely fragile bodies (so thin
   that  you  can clearly see light thru them when not painted) so that's
   why  I  am  interested.  I  don't  know  that  there  would be a major
   advantage  to  soda  blasting  for  metal  car  bodies. I have a blast
   cabinet  where  I  do  glass bead for most items and walnut shells for
   engine  parts  and  fragile  items.  My understanding is that soda can
   handle both tasks.

   Mark NoakesB