[Shop-talk] Garage Floor

Wayne wmc_st at xxiii.com
Tue Jun 19 08:00:49 MDT 2007

Phil Nase wrote:
> I am trying to avoid using Muriatic acid but will if I have to.  How do I
> tell how much etching is enough.

These are the prep instructions for the stuff I applied:
http://www.poloplaz.com/applyharddeck.html

There are some good tips in there that are applicable to all concrete prep.  Use the muratic acid!  Dilute 2 or 3 parts water to 1 acid.  Their suggestion of using a flower sprinkler works great!  I did the ammonia neutralizer like they specify.  Used shop vac to pick up all acis and ammonia, then went back over it with plain water & vac'ed up about 3 times.  The cement should be fairly rough - approx like 100 grit sandpaper.

  -Wayne