[Shop-talk] GPS experiences ?

Arvid Jedlicka arvidj at visi.com
Thu Dec 18 10:05:57 MST 2008

>From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek at ameritech.net>
>
> Based on this
> quirky unit, the expensive and out-of-date maps, and the nasty treatment
> in
> the Garmin store in downtown Chicago, I don't see at all how they're the
> leaders.

My experience is with the Garmin aviation units so I will only comment on
the
treatment you have received. I've done all of my upgrades and updates via
the
Garmin web site and have been happy with the service - i.e. not having to
deal
with people. At the airshows where Garmin has had a display I have been less
than impressed with their marketing droids, but their web service has always
been
a first rate experience.

Arvid