[Shop-talk] toasters, under-cabinet

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Dec 26 09:23:05 MST 2008

> Does anyone else make a toaster that mounts to the bottom of
> upper cabinets?

Not that I could find with Google.  B&D supposedly had plans to offer a next
generation after the recall of the first generation; but it doesn't seem to
be available.

> Alternatively, if we are stuck with buying a toaster that
> sits on the counter, what's a good one?

I've been happy with the T-Fal I bought 6-7 years ago; but I wouldn't say we
use it heavily.  Has extra-wide slots for bagels and such (plus a special
button for bagels).  SS case does get warm, but not enough to melt a bread
wrapper, at least after only one bagel.  I suppose it might, if you did a
lot of bagels in a row.  (I gave up bagels not long after buying it, but
still use the bagel cycle to toast my multi-grain bread.)

Randall