[Shop-talk] Trickle Chargers

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Jan 19 18:13:15 MST 2008

> It's not odd, Optima specifies special battery chargers for
> their batteries.

So, does that mean the standard Battery MINDer meets the Optima
specifications or not ?  If it does, why offer a different unit ?  If it
doesn't, why advertise that it does ?

> Would anyone hazard a guess on how a battery minder would
> work being cycled on and off every day?

I'm guessing it would be a little harder on the battery, because the minder
is going to bring it back up to peak voltage every time you turn it on,
rather than waiting until it self-discharges enough to need it (which I
think normally only happens every few months or so).  But clearly it's no
worse than a regulated trickle charger (like the HF thing), so maybe it
wouldn't make much difference.

Randall