[Shop-talk] Wireless router - signal boost

Bill Gingerich bill at gingerich.us
Wed Jan 23 18:17:33 MST 2008

You could run cat 5 wires to all your computers.  It's faster than wireless,
and more secure.  Yes, pulling wire can be a pain.  I hardwire all my
network connections.  I have wireless capability, but keep the wireless
radio turned off and pass worded.  It's much harder for the average hacker
to get into a wired system.

Bill G
OKC

SO what should us more mechanically inclined than technically inclined folks
do?  I thought setting up with a required key you have to enter was secure?
How are people getting pass this?