[Shop-talk] Stainless steel welding

Chadwick E. Labno chad at linuxeg.com
Mon Mar 3 19:31:53 MST 2008

I need to gas weld a stainless steel exhaust system and I'm looking for
suggestions on the correct filler rod. I heard - read - stainless TIG
rods will work but the counter man at the welding supply tells
me that is a bad choice but could not offer an alternative. Unless I can
find some stainless coat hangers I'm at a loss. Ok, just joking about
the hangers but what I may end up doing is cutting strips off
the exhaust pipes and use that. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
chad