[Shop-talk] Sam's Club Toolbox - report and you thought Arvid told you everything !

Arvid Jedlicka arvidj at visi.com
Sun Mar 9 06:03:35 MST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "john niolon" <jniolon at bham.rr.com>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Sam's Club Toolbox - report and you thought Arvid told
you everything !

> Made a trip to Sam's ... The guides are plastic friction slide type, no
> bearings
> ... The shiny diamond plate exterior is all for show.  it's actually a
> stamped
> thin sheet metal faceplace on the drawers.

Your analysis made me go look at mine again - just to make sure they had the
features I thought they did. All three of mine have ball bearing slides and
the front face plates are actually the front of the drawers, not simply a
facade. It seems as thought the new ones are a step down in quality from the
earlier ones - a sign of our times.

Arvid