[Shop-talk] Cast iron to PVC soil pipe adapter?

Jim Franklin jamesf at groupwbench.org
Mon Mar 10 15:21:46 MST 2008

I was in HD yesterday and the only cast iron I saw was a toilet
flange. Actually I saw about 12 different types of flanges. Oy.

I tore up the slab a bit and what I have is a wye and a 45 in the
bull to make it vertical. This stuff is 80 years old. What are the
chances the lead will come undone nicely without cracking the cast iron?

ObShop: This bathroom is for the shop :-)

jim