[Shop-talk] 9,500 kWh of production in first year

Jimmie Mayfield mayfield+shoptalk at sackheads.org
Wed Mar 12 13:30:07 MST 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 01:25:57PM -0500, Patton Dickson wrote:
> We don't get the major tax credits in Texas that you get in CA, but I
> would be interested if it gets down to a 5 to 10 year ROI.  The
> geothermal heat pumps would really be a boost, but system cost is too
> high here at this time.

Something to keep in mind is the new generation of low-cost panels
is here.  Last December, a company named Nanosolar announced that it has
shipped its first low-cost panels ($1 per watt).  As more companies ramp
up production of printed solar panels (using techniques not unlike those
used by inkjet printers), the cost per watt will fall even further.

--
Jimmie Mayfield
http://www.sackheads.org/jimmie         email: jimmie+shoptalk at sackheads.org