[Shop-talk] compressor in garage expansion

Ron Horwitz ronglue at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 12 20:15:07 MDT 2008

> If the climate permits, put the air compressor
> outside, like in a little shed attached to the outside
> wall.  It will be much less noisy inside when the
> thing is running.

Even if the compressor is inside behind a closed door, it is a huge improvement.  I built a closet in the garage.  When I did it, I had all sorts of fancy plans to egg-foam the inside for sound proofing.  Never needed it.  When the compressor kicked on I could hear it to know that it was cycling, but not loud enough to force a music volume increase.

Doing this is highly recommended and makes the environment a lot more pleasant.

Ron