[Shop-talk] Quick question on garage floors and garage lifts

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Oct 29 15:06:49 MST 2008

> with the old LED display; the kind
> where the numbers were stacked one on top of each other.

Not Light Emitting Diodes, but NIXIE tubes.  Basically a neon light with 10
cathodes, each shaped like a different number.

I was just reading an article the other day about experimenting with them.
Actually the article was more about building a 200v logic-controlled power
supply, but it started with a discussion of the tubes themselves.

> I didn't sell a one.

Shame you didn't hang on to them, I'll bet they'd sell now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390003344236

Randall