[Shop-talk] air over hydraulic bottle jacks

Mark Andy mark at sccaprepared.com
Thu Oct 30 08:52:23 MST 2008

Howdy,

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008, Arvid Jedlicka wrote:
> I bought that one for exactly that reason and would never go back. The
> "stroke" seems to be small enough that you can control it with some
> degree of accuracy. And if nothing else it will "get you close with very
> little effort" and then you can use the hand pump for the fine detail
> work.

Thanks!  I was wondering if the VMS guys would ever get back around to
talking about shop stuff... :-)

Harbor Freight had these on sale a while back and I nearly bought one.  Of
course now I'm so cheap I'll have to wait for another sale... :-)

Is there an easy way to plumb in a pressure guage and then use that to
figure out how much pressure you're applying?

Mark